Weddings costs a decent amount of money, which is why we keep savings but you don’t only save for weddings, you have a honeymoon to pay for too, maybe a down payment for your new apartment. Not all of us can afford to have a grand wedding. You have to pay the caterers, the decorators, the florist, your dress, the venue itself and now there is the entire issue of Wedding Photography too.
Your wedding is also going to be one of the most important days of your life. You are finally officiating your bond with the love of your life and marking the day you face the world together as one. So, you want to make sure that you get lots of pictures. Pictures of you with your spouse and all the loved ones who have gathered to celebrate this special day with you.
photography by Dylan M Howell Photography
Most couples opt for professional photographers to cover their wedding and that is the normal route to go. However, Wedding Photography has become a serious job so the charges are relatively higher as well now. All of this sounds very tempting but there is the problem that this will cut an even bigger hole in your savings. So, even if you ditch the wedding photographer, what will you do about the pictures? You can either hope to take good pictures with your own phone or you can opt for amateur wedding pictures to be taken by a family member. Before you make this decision, let us first look into some pros and cons.
- The biggest advantage here is that you will be saving a lot of money by hiring a friend or loved one to become your wedding photographer, they will give you a hefty discount or some close family members even do it free of cost in some cases.
- There is a little discomfort at the prospect of a stranger taking pictures of you so you cannot help but be a little stiff. Since you and your partner know the person who will be recording the video, you will feel more comfortable around them and will be free to be and act like yourselves.
- Not all relatives are camera-friendly or do not like their pictures being taken. Being a member of the family themselves, your amateur photographer can take the right pictures they need without disrespecting anyone’s wishes.
- There are some moments that require privacy and some matter where you know you should not shoot or record. Your friend/relative will understand these private moments unlike professionals who do not understand them.
- Most amateur photographers aren’t equipped or used to handling sudden technical difficulties that most likely take placing during large-scale events in big venues, so the chances of them bringing backup equipment is very low.
- The biggest issue with having an amateur shooting your wedding is that there will be compromise in terms of your picture and video quality. Some pictures might not be that clear or you can find shakiness in the video etc.